Wednesday 5 October 2011

Graphic Design applied to T-shirts

Not really a graphic style but the aim was to test the paper and have something to wear! 

 I was just testing an idea with the wingdings symbols and the FEET text and I wanted to test the layout and placement at the back of the collar. Potential label.



Me and my housemate Tom (I will link his blog when he sorts it out!)decided we needed a few fresh t shirts so the other day so we bought some fruit of the loom tees and some heat press transfer paper. This was the result of ironing the images on to the tees. I got two images off of FFFFOUND - http://ffffound.com/ just as a test.  I got the Bruce Lee image from Google - http://www.bruceleefansite.com/pictures.html . We were happy with the results of the three tees, the mask image looks the best. I think this is because it was a lighter image and the white from the T didn't show up as much as it did on the image above.

Me and Tom generally like the same T-shirts which is quite useful as it allowed us to use the transfer paper and iron technique. The look of the tees is kind of indie/ alternative but since the style of box logo has become popular. I personally don't care if the image quality isn't perfect as long as the image is my kind of thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment