Monday 19 September 2011

Study Task 1 Why Am I Here - What do I want to Learn?

TASK

Using the online resources that you have been introduced to in the module briefing and based on  questions raised in the studio workshop and experiences of the first 2 weeks of the course:

  • identify and explain 5 reasons why you chose to study on this programme.
    1. I would like a job after university.
    2. I want to have the skills to be a Graphic Designer.
    3. I wanted to live in Leeds.
    4. I was impressed with the work the students were producing.
    5. I was impressed with the facilities at the college.
  • Identify and explain 5 things that you want to learn during your time on the programme.
    1. I want to learn InDesign.
    2. I want to learn how to print on material.
    3. I want to learn how to use more then just the live trace tool in Illustrator.
    4. I want to learn how to price work accordingly to my work.
    5. I want to be confident when speaking in front of large crowds.
  • Identify and explain 5 skills that you think are your strengths.
    1. I am a perfectionist.
    2. I am eager to learn.
    3. I can use Photoshop to a respectable level.
    4. I am computer literate.
    5. I am a very visual person.
  • Identify and explain 5 things that you want to improve.
    1. I want to improve my public speaking.
    2. I want to have a wider range of skills.
    3. I want to improve my text and image combinations.
    4. I want to improve the way I render images.
    5. I want to improve my communication skills with the GD group.
  • Identify and explain 5 ways that you will evaluate your progress.
    1. I will compare my work to the work previous.
    2. I will develop a mark system out of ten or something along those line to judge my work.
    3. I will ask people for their honest opinions of my work after I finish a project, (no holds barred)
    4. I will compare my work to professional designers.
    5. I will keep on checking this PPP blog and marking where I have improved.
  • Identify 5 questions that you want to find the answer to.


  1. What is the cheapest way to produce t-shirts 
  2. How do the work placements work throughout the course
  3. How do you copyright your work
  4. What sort of graphic designer am I?
  5. What should I expect to earn realistically as a Graphic Designer after graduating?

No comments:

Post a Comment