Monday 28 May 2012

Double Page Spread - Simon Isles

Fred's task - Create a double page in spread In InDesign that focuses on your selected partner (Simon Isles).

Set of questions that Simon adapted to suit us. I sent him my answers and he sent me his answers.  

I need to go through and check for grammar and spelling. Simon's writing is as bad as mine so he might want to do the same.

Who are you, where are you from and what do you do?
My name is Simon Isles, I am 19 years of age and am originally from Tunbridge Wells, Kent. I am studying graphic design at Leeds college of art & I previously studied a foundation at Brighton & Hove City College

What is your earliest memory?
This is a hard one to come up with but it must be just snippets from kindergarten and my first years at primary school. its difficult to identify the earliest memory. If there is a memory I can just remember it was when the family and I went to America to visit some cousins. I must have been about 4. I remember falling off a sofa and hitting my face on a table, which lead to a huge nose bleed.   

Which living person or persons do you most admire? How had he/she influenced you?
I guess there are a few. Being a rollerblader is it very normal to be influenced by other skaters by the way they dress and by the way they skate. If there is are Rollerblade it would be Gabrielle Hyden & Dylan Davis. In terms of music probably Bob Dylan plus some other underground garage rock bands. My earliest influence was my elder brother, he's the reason I began skating and I why I am now studying graphic design, funny that.

If you could bring four people to a secret dream dinner party. How would they be?
I was going to answer this question with four people I would love to meet. But what if they didn't get on with the others! Therefore I am going to choose 4 people that I could have a great time with. These people would be Bill Bailey, Dan Stirling, 70s Lou Reed! & Anton Newcombe 

Where would you most like to live. What would you do once you lived there?

I spent a year in Brighton and this has to be the best year of my life so far. The friends I met are now my best friends and I have every reason to go back there in the future to live. However living somewhere like California, Barcelona, or Paris would be a dream come true. I think it would depend on who I was living with. Knowing me I would get home sick after a while! 

Would type of design do you want do in the future?

This is another hard question as I am just in the early stages of designing. I would love to get into letter press. The idea of being able to produce decent word from the letter press machine or what ever the machine is called is my number one goal from the course. Apart from that there are loads of things I want to get into. Working for a magazine on an online publication would be great fun. I need to get some work placements and find an atmosphere that is nice to work in. Once I have discovered a perfect atmosphere, then I will be happy. 

What other plans do you have for the future?

To skate as much as possible. Its one thing I don't want to stop doing. Even though the course is full on I still try my hardest to find time for it. Even if its raining I find somewhere indoor or in cover. I intend on traveling a lot too. I haven't had a gap year or any lengthy time to do such an activity so that is defiantly on my to do list. 

What do you consider your greatest achievement? 

There are a few. Getting in to this course I consider one. I was offered to skate for one of america's biggest rollerblading industries but despised the skates they sent me and gave it up! No regrets though, at least I am happy on my old skates.

Any last words?

Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.”

No comments:

Post a Comment