Monday 28 May 2012

OUGD402 Evaluation

What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?  

From the start of the year I have continually blogged everything I am interested in. This process has blogging has allowed me to keep a visual diary of which I can look back on. Just as a written journal I can see the change in my interests, opinions and thought - which is pretty interesting. 


From this process I have learnt how to physically blog and format the blog posts. From even typefaces and sizing. This also translate to other blogs I keep which are not college related. I now network on Behance, Cargocollective and Tumblr. 

What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

When I was creating the double paged spread which was for a chosen partner (Simon Isles) I tried to mimic what Simon was interested in into the design of the publication. This led me to designing a simple photo based spread with minimal text and editing. The idea was to show him off as a roller blade skater. This design was influenced by a sidewalk skate magazine style. It was hard not to over-design the spread but in the end I kept it really minimal. I don't want to say it but the, 'less is more' idea.

What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these? 

The OUGD402 module has made me constantly look at current graphic design and has helped me understand what I think I am into from concepts to ethics within design and practice. My work is generally very ethical, which I think is a strength.


I capitalise on this process by continuing to blog design i am interested in. I will continue to have a record of design specific to my interests which I can keep looking back on and drawing inspiration for my own work. I have found lots of new blog I can follow and I hope I can carry on finding more.



What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

From the OUGD402 hand in a have realise my labeling of posts is a bit sketchy. I will try to label my work appropriately and correctly in the future. This is only a minor amendment to be fair. 
Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

Next year I will have one standard template for every blog post. 


I will only try and blog work with the artists names and name of the piece


I will use the techniques of drawing ideas in my own work

No comments:

Post a Comment